It might be intimidating to make your first NFT purchase. One of the trendiest metaverse trends is the rising crypto community, which attracts artists, curators, luxury companies, and investors.
Despite the fact that it is the trendiest enterprise to go into, there is still a lot of misinformation regarding how to go about it. To get you started, we’ve put up a step-by-step tutorial to OpenSea, one of the world’s major NFT marketplaces.
MetaMask is required for OpenSea users to purchase NFT. Metamask is a cryptocurrency wallet that allows you to easily buy tokens. The first step in purchasing NFTs is to install MetaMask on your browser.
MetaMask installation instructions
- Go to the OpenSea website and click on the profile sign in the upper-right corner.
- Click the “Get MetaMask” option under “My Profile.” Then, for your browser, download the required extension.
- Select “Install MetaMask” from the drop-down menu. After the installation is finished, go to the “Welcome to MetaMask” page. After that, click “Get Started.”
- Select “Create Wallet” and create a password. Your password should be written down or photographed. Make sure you don’t lose it because it serves as a backup account access.
- Select your secret phrase by pressing “Next.”
- After appropriately arranging the sentence, tap the “Confirm” button. This should open the “Congratulations” window for you.
- If MetaMask prompts you to switch your tokens, click the “All Done” button and then “X.”
- To link your MetaMask Wallet to the relevant OpenSea account, select “Next.”
How to Buy Ethereum
The following step is to buy ETH:
- Open your browser and click the MetaMask icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- If you have ETH in your Coinbase Wallet or other wallets, select “Directly Deposit Ether.” If not, choose “Buy.”
- Click “Continue to Wyre” and enter the quantity of ETH you want to purchase. You should be aware that each purchase will include a transaction and network cost. To avoid unnecessary costs, attempt to acquire a large number of ETHs.
- Select your desired payment option and click “Next.”
- Enter your payment details as well as your phone number.
- Click “Submit” and type in your payment verification code. You can look up the code on your phone.
- Authorize your purchase by entering the six-digit number associated with the pending Wyre transfer in your account.
Within a few minutes, your MetaMask wallet balance should be adjusted.
How can I get NFT?
You may now go out and get some NFTs. Follow these instructions:
Go to the OpenSea marketplace on your browser.
Search the platform for the desired NFT.
Select “Buy Now” from the drop-down menu.
Accept the marketplace’s conditions and click “Checkout.” The MetaMask extension should now be visible, and you should be able to view your purchase price. There should also be a gas cost that is based on network activity and might occasionally exceed $100.
How to negotiate a cheaper price
Remember that certain tokens are auctioned, so you’ll have to compete for them. You can offer a lesser price even if you select the “Buy Now” option. Here’s how you can do it:
Look for an NFT on OpenSea.
To see whether there are any offers for your NFT, click the “Offers” button.
To make an offer in wrapped ETH, click “Make Offer” (WETH). This type of ETH can be exchanged, but be cautious when deciding how much to bid. The sum should be represented in US dollars in the appropriate area.
Choose “Convert ETH” and enter your desired amount. Transaction costs apply to each conversion. If you want to bid on many NFTs, you need convert greater quantities.
Select “Wrap” from the menu.
Your MetaMask wallet should appear and prompt you to confirm the amount. It should also show the gas charge, which is cheaper ($5-$10) than when purchasing NFTs.
The MetaMask plugin should display the updated WETH and ETH balance. Confirm by pressing the “Make Offer” button one again.
Select “Make Offer” after entering your desired amount.
To finish your bid, select “Confirm.”
When the wallet drops down, click the “Sign” button. This completes the process, and your bid should now display in the “Offers” area of your account.